Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Cerebral to a fault 8/28/07

Disagreement between the brain and the heart
Are we not one, am I not one?
Your heart knows not of logic, of behavior
It knows only of the deepest care you can have for another being
The push for a solution through a goal - a milestone, does not make sense to the mind
The alternative does not work with the heart
The result is a pool on the floor of the operating room
The separation means the death of both parts,
Or so it feels.

Why can’t I just be your best friend?
That I can live up too.

Why can’t I be someone you get joy from seeing chase my own dreams
I would always return home.

Why does the target always change, without a moving target, or even a target?
I cannot miss.

Why can’t you focus on yourself, dream, hope, attempt, fail?
I would always be able to support you, to learn from you.

Why do you listen so closely to others? Feel the need to follow?
I can’t tell who is speaking

Why wasn’t I enough?

No comments: