Wednesday, November 28, 2007

the stand off 11/28/2007

Twas at dawn that I became aware
of her sleepless steel piercing glare
clearing night and blood from my eyes
my grip slipping from the loose hold
Eyes rendering the truth they told

She was once gold, now phosphorus
her deeds and words incongruous
exposed to the air i ignite
mental lobes burning from the heat
soaring rabidly to my feet
sanity gone, taken to flight

This can't be right, she loves me so
one final blow, confirms my plight


incongruous \in-KONG-groo-us\, adjective:
1. Lacking in harmony, compatibility, or appropriateness.
2. Inconsistent with reason, logic, or common sense.

Jeffreys Sonnet
A Jeffreys Sonnet was created by Scott J. Alcorn. It is isosyllabic (only 8 syllable per line),
2 sestets with a cross rhymed couplet (the cross rhyme is in the 2nd to 4th syllable in each of the
two lines of the couplet). Also there is a cross rhyme in the first line of the 2nd sestet (between
the 2nd to 4th syllable), tying the 1st sestet to the 2nd. So the rhyme scheme would be: aabccb,
(b)ddeffe, (e)g (g)e. The letters in ( ) are the cross rhymes.

No comments: