Friday, March 7, 2008

RATM 3/7/2008

Rage Against the Machine

transform

cabal

aiming at the cause of our problems
our inability to sacrafice for anything outside of our wingspan
our inability to inconvienience ourselves for our fellow and future man
our desire to be valued for something we would never want to be labeled as
Consumers

A Hummer should not exist
Genocide should not be a word
We should be in the streets
not behind the TV

I am no better than you or the next
I listen to their music
get amped up
and then go to work
and buy things online

I drive places I could walk
and am afraid to take a city bus
I buy things I don't need
and am wasteful

My house is bigger than I need

but when I listen to Rage, I think about changing
maybe I need to listen to more.

cabal \kuh-BAHL; kuh-BAL\, noun:
1. A secret, conspiratorial association of plotters or intriguers whose purpose is usually to bring about an overturn especially in public affairs.
2. The schemes or plots of such an association.

intransitive verb:
1. To form a cabal; to conspire; to intrigue; to plot.

No comments: