Sunday, March 23, 2008

Trouper 2/23/2008

I anathematized his tumor
although I am not an ecclesiastical authority
in this capacity I have been ordained
by all that is good
all that is evil
and all that I have
in order to help my friend
walk through this tunnel
an emerge on the other side
to continue on his path
with no hinderince
no hitch in his collective giddy up
no wabble in his swagger
and no pause in his calm

he is my best friend
and he will get through this
both for him
and for me
and for all who care about him
and selfishly care about themselves
and how their lives will be better with him by their sides

God Speed my man,
God Speed.

anathema \uh-NATH-uh-muh\, noun:
1. A ban or curse pronounced with religious solemnity by ecclesiastical authority, and accompanied by excommunication. Hence: Denunciation of anything as accursed.
2. An imprecation; a curse; a malediction.
3. Any person or thing anathematized, or cursed by ecclesiastical authority.
4. Any person or thing that is intensely disliked.

No comments: