Monday, September 3, 2007

“disinfranchised” 9/3/07

Flat Coke
Stale love
Does a weak man stay,
Or does a weak man leave
Half of marriages fail
Second time I mentioned that
Am I fixated on failing at marriage?
Or is society fixated on a false sense of security
24 hours is a life’s goal for some
Why are second marriages less of a production?
Shouldn’t they be a bigger deal since this time you know it is forever?
65 years is what I am more concerned about
Neither focus rules the other out
But 24 hours is easily mistaken for much more
I am afraid of my ability to fit in
I am worried about my mental state
I am concerned about my idea of a relationship
My clock is not ticking as fast as some
But I still hear the hands move
I am not free from the affects of a society fixated on others relationships
Hopefully I am strong enough to maintain myself in my life.
Strong enough to hold on?
but also strong enough to let go?

No comments: