Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Humility from Humidity 9/5/07

Pillows and spots on my eyes
Suns reflection off the clouds
Uncomfortable view from blue vinyl
Above the world, but feeling otherwise
Let down on all fronts
Pieced together, favors, ingenuity, results
Returning to camp with subsiding anger
Tired of the journey, of the expectations, of the responsibilities
Who benefits from this ordeal?
Staying upstream is challenging with broken oars
Self doubt
Maybe I am not a leader,
Self-exploration and new challenges seem to be my thing
Do I need a break, a vacation?
Should I just settle on a convention, conform?
Broke, tired, desperate
Confused on so many fronts.
Do I really know what I am doing?
Is that why I never reveal my plans?
Fear of reasoning being unsound?
I will land on my feet
I always do

No comments: