Tuesday, December 11, 2007

California Dreaming 12/11/2007

I drank her down,
one motion, green as if diseased
but none the less I drank her down
she was my father before she was not
she became my mother,
the one I see in pictures but don't recall

the cloud became us all
an artifice I still deny
with wind and water we are stretched
leaving my sight, becoming my sight
the gulp technically still running through this body I claim as my own
but long gone am I
with my family
we pick up speed, cross north dakota
and head west, to where our kind are accepted
even renowned.

eventually this body will micterate out the green,
somehow now yellow liquid
after stripping away anything useful
that same body will return to this computer, and work on things
so mundane that it will become insanely jealous of the successful
escape that happened 4 minutes ago.
the cloud becomes cloud cover,
and the possibilities
become infinite.


artifice \AR-tuh-fis\, noun:
1. Cleverness or skill; ingenuity; inventiveness.
2. An ingenious or artful device or expedient.
3. An artful trick or stratagem.
4. Trickery; craftiness; insincere or deceptive behavior.

No comments: