Sunday, December 23, 2007

vocabulary revisited 12/23/2007

In an attempt to camouflage
my laborious persiflage
I used words like abhore, and abscond

though neither that big of a word
I chirped them out like a stuttering bird
to impress the lingering blonde

she laughed and giggled
and her buttom briefly jiggled
in a way that made me feel fond

a witty joke and an unnoticed pun
painfully close to a sienfeld rerun
her jewelery shiny like polished debond

a mental big fish I was growing to be
hoping the puddle was deep enough for me
telling myself that we had some sort of bond

parting ways at the end of the night
both wondering why it didn't go right
walking home under the hat that I donned

If only she had taken the time
to learn something past grade nine
we could have had a reason to correspond



persiflage \PUR-suh-flahzh\, noun:
Frivolous or bantering talk; a frivolous manner of treating any subject, whether serious or otherwise; light raillery.

No comments: