Sunday, December 2, 2007

Fribby Revisited 12/02/2007

Im down in LA,
keeping a tortoise alive
while up in st. cloud
its half past five

my vicissitude mirrors my goal
always keep one step ahead
but the turtle has other concerns
will I end up alive or will I end up dead

I look up from the sand
how do I save him from this beach
everything I have ever wanted
always just inches out of reach

I have never met another
who could endanger so many lives
I have an uncanny talent
to close every set of eyes

I just want to help
but can never stop the pain
all the karma I collect
seems to slip down the drain

To all you critiques
on the other side of the lens
spouting your mouth
while your life upends

I ask that you slowly
turn your judging gaze away
and let me and my tortoise
find peace as we leave this day


vicissitude \vih-SIS-ih-tood; -tyood\, noun:
1. Regular change or succession from one thing to another; alternation; mutual succession; interchange.
2. Irregular change; revolution; mutation.
3. A change in condition or fortune; an instance of mutability in life or nature (especially successive alternation from one condition to another).

1 comment:

Rickie Davies said...

Lately I have had a poor attitude,
I might just need a little vicissitude,
I work out enough,
And I am looking buff,
Maybe I post picture of me in the nude