Monday, December 10, 2007

Thanks for Life by JFK 2005 (written by my dad)

Thank you to all the people who have entered into my life
all who have crossed my path
played with me and laughed
and made my life so beutiful

thanks to anni who I love too much
I am who I am, because I have someone like her I can count on to always love me
one friend to make me whole and worth while
one lover, one lover again and again

thanks for my projects that I helped with and did
there is great joy in living in and around your accomplishments
the appreciation of being able to help somone and be thanked for your gift
the reward that you are successful with your talents when you couldn't quite measure up to others in theirs

Thanks for all of the stuff I purchased over the years
many things we could have done without
but stuff is what I play with and use
thank you for allowing me all of this happiness

thanks for allowing me to teach and coach
the memories are priceless and the rewards just keep coming
the pictures of that time in life bring me happiness
I never believed I could ive up to others until I finished my career

Thanks for letting me be an adult equal to those I looked up too.
Everyone always seemed to be smarter or better in some way
I just kept working hard each day trying not to fail
now I look back on some of my accomplishments and smile
thank you for a special gift and letting me find myself

thank you for all the people I have forgotten who gave me a chance to have a good life
the people who defended me and protected me, who taught me and shared thier values
the people who managed thier lives poorly and sang sad songs and made movies because I learned alot from watching and listening
thanks for everyting I use but did not create
I have enjoyed the roads, parks, cars, and the list goes on

thank you for god, faith, and church
for anni, her family and our religious friends
thanks for nature and all of gods creations
I love life and all its gifts

Thanks for my children and grandchildren whom I love totally
there is a joy each one brings me
I hope I told them "I love you" enough and proved it to them daily
I love each one. they make me feel like thier best friend

thanks for my parents and my family
they have given me more than I realilze
once I became a parent I realized how much my parents must have loved me.
Each child is so unique and so loved
thanks for my relatives on both sides of our marriage, they are all important to who we are as family

thanks for my health and energy
there is so little time and so much to do
Retirement was a suprise and so much appreciated
Its like being in college with money and no classes
Thanks for my life, I did not do it alone.

No comments: