Monday, January 21, 2008

Gandolf the gray 1/21/2008

wise, old, gray
squeezing wisdom and blood from a rock,
I thought
his beard represented his rings like a tree,
I thought

I approached him slowly,
from the side
I expected to imbark on an endless conversation
where I learned the secrets of the world, of women, of men

his first words might have well been
"I am going to waste your time"

I spent the rest of my day trying to politely excuse myself
from what appeared to be the most callow of individuals
no substance other than skin, bone and viscus slothing blood
pursing through his body keeping it errect and living
weak and feeble of the mind
the highschool quarterback that just looks the part of the old wizard.
3 weeks through the jungle I walked
in search of guidance
only to find what I think I always had known
trust yourself, develop your own wisdom

the only thing I did right, was to keep looking,
looking for answers, or at a minimum
the questions that I do not possess.

callow \KAL-oh\, adjective:
Immature; lacking adult perception, experience, or judgment.

No comments: