Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Unblinking Stare 1/02/2008

If you loved me
If you loved me you would move mountains
you would run into a burning building
you would laugh at my jokes
cry at my pain

but faineant you stare back at me
through me

unwilling to give me anything
even a negative reaction

a crime with only victims
purpotrators of unreasonable things
resent the only bond still holding

the mountains still
the fire burning
the joke bombing
the tears dry

even a negative reaction


faineant \fay-nay-AWN\, adjective:
1. Doing nothing or given to doing nothing; idle; lazy.

noun:
1. A do-nothing; an idle fellow; a sluggard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If we are looking for mountain movers maybe we should move to the mountains, and let the old little hills here get overgrown with weeds.

Paul Krumrich said...

I couldn't agree more.