Friday, January 11, 2008

sunday service 1/10/2008

The pick up line about a penguin and a carrot
to me genius,
to her tacky, and inappropriate

She didn't even crack a smile

the delivery was smooth
perfect comedic timing
my hands were still,
my eyes direct

Things proceeded south
my confidence wayning
becoming desperate for a positive reaction

I showed her the book
"pick up lines for halloween"
I showed her the books imprimatur
which to her should have been the ironic kicker
the little added bonus to the whole ordeal
the small component that was going to bring her back around
crack that smile

she showed me the door
she explained that we were in a church
I was dressed like a strawberry
halloween was last night
she was not dressed as a nun
she was a nun

she still should have appreciated the imprimatur stamp




imprimatur \im-prih-MAH-tur; -MAY-\, noun:
1. Official license or approval to print or publish a book, paper, etc.; especially, such a license issued by the Roman Catholic episcopal authority.
2. Approval; sanction.
3. A mark of approval or distinction.

No comments: