Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Squatter 1/29/2008

My abode is humble
amongst the trees of the city
my location the midwest
my persona sinks with the sun into the pacific
misplaced here, unsure how.

the reflection in the mirror is a sylvan
not a worker bee in a sweater vest
I fight the tension between societies call for success
and the will of what was and is right for me
long before I was me
you were you
and weapons, buildings, and hair products
existed to improve our lives.

when you connect, with whom, or with what do you connect?
has it ever come with a barcode?

sylvan \SIL-vuhn\, adjective:
1. Of or pertaining to woods or forest regions.
2. Living or located in a wood or forest.
3. Abounding in forests or trees; wooded.

noun:
1. A fabled deity or spirit of the woods.
2. One that lives in or frequents the woods or forest; a rustic.

No comments: