Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Warden Blues 2/19/2008

Shoved in front of the warden
Feet and hands bound in twine
he laid his ultimatum on me
laid it on the line

I won't do wrong by my god
nor my woman nor steed
your actions are drivin by death
by human want and selfish greed

I abominate you,
your institution and command
for I did nothing improper
to deserve this reprimand

I feel my shackles removed
but no freedom is gained
my body wants to breathe
of this life its been drained

never done wrong
falsly accused
to aid and abed
power misused

I have a decision to make
a crime I will have to commit
and my false imprisonment
will ironically become ligit

I either lose my love
my laughter, my wife
or I take from someone
their future, their life

I can not decide
between two so wrong
my way has been lost
and so I wrote this song.

abominate \uh-BOM-uh-nayt\, transitive verb:
To hate in the highest degree; to detest intensely; to loathe; to abhor.

No comments: