Thursday, February 21, 2008

Proud to be an american 2/21/2008

I have to close my eyes
to keep from seeing you take
all the things I have given
to you that you now forsake

I have to find red haired women
to keep from getting blue
even though I know they go
100 miles an hour right through you

I have to go backwards
to keep in front of you
always relegated
never gaining or starting new

I want to just be
and need not rhyme anymore
for this strain is not worth it
and I am walking out your door.


relegate \REL-uh-gayt\, transitive verb:
1. To assign to an inferior position, place, or condition.
2. To assign to an appropriate category or class.
3. To assign or refer (a matter or task, for example) to another for appropriate action.
4. To send into exile; to banish.

1 comment:

Rickie Davies said...

Why do I live in the cold Midwest,
My parents relegated me to this place,
So much snow, so much cold,
I need to find a new home base.

The days are short,
And the temperatures are low,
The roads can’t be plowed enough,
And traffic drives so slow.

I can’t handle it any more,
This winter is really beginning to suck
I wish I had a girlfriend,
We could stay inside and just…sleep.