Tuesday, February 5, 2008

mind melder 2/5/08

Scanning the room
picking something light, airy
but still not a gimme

so much to choose from
lint, post it note upside down,
business card from someone i like
business card from some poser
pencils, dark chocolate chunks unmelted
large boxes of memories waiting to be discarded
desks, speakers, buildings, trees
even 20 or so wild turkeys running around below

what will I decide to attempt to move
with my mind.....

it can be done.

since it is my first attempt I choose the upside down post it note
I glare at it and tell it to move,
command it
as far as that note knows,
its world stops and starts with me
and my mind.

I am not sure if I was distracted by the acoustic grateful dead
the other sounds of the day
or the seaping thoughts that what I am doing is irrational
regardless, my efforts were ineffectual
the note still stares at me
unmoved
now with a dual purpose

to remind me that I can not move even a simple piece of turqouise paper with my mind
and that the black keys are coming to town in april and I should buy tickets.

in the end I failed at moving it, but I did change it
from a single use note, to a double use note
with only my mind......
my mind can't move things, but I can rationalize anything to be a success
I guess I have just proven the therom of human weakness
the ability to fool ourselves into anything we want.

similar to young kids who show up to soccer games
I deserve a trophy.

ineffectual \in-ih-FEK-choo-uhl\, adjective:
Not producing the proper effect; without effect; weak; useless; futile; unavailing.

No comments: