Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Shawshank Redonkshon 2/26/2008

I talked and I talked and I talked
I was sick of myself talking
But she seemed interested
Or at least baffled
Her smile made it easy to share
And her laugh softened any rough edges
aplomb yet unassuming
sharp yet smooth

I felt loquacious
She was lubricious
I felt like a squeaky sophomore
She was the prom queen
I felt like the class clown
She was the class president

Extension to Thailand
Where the language was learned easy
A drink in Italy
Rome I believe it was,
Bumping shoulders down the street
Equal pressure from both sides
Eased the tension
Outside of the blades
Kept the trajectory straight
And the friction only on the soles
Freedom of the mind
And of the path


aplomb \uh-PLOM\, noun:
Assurance of manner or of action; self-possession; confidence; coolness.

No comments: