Thursday, February 14, 2008

V-day 2/14/2008

preprogramed
amative by nature
the holy grail may not be
the greatest lost treasure....

we all seek
we define our hypothesis
and then start our search
the one flaw in science
goes unchallanged unscrutinized in love.
the experiment doesn't stop until
the desired result is found

we all know the feeling
of falling for someone who
does not fit our hypothesis
does not meet our list we made
mentally or even on paper with our girlfriends
the battle begins between our plans
and the space between our mind and our plans

in a society of the mind,
plans usually win out

for those who love the wrong person
for the right reasons,
i solute you
we all salute you.

my great uncle discovered penicillin
in his bathtub upon return from a vacation
milk.

today, the 14th of February, a day measured by
dollars spent, and gestures taken from magazines
graded, judged and evaluated
against the norm
and the neighbors

today, the 14th of February,
a true sign that love exists
just not sure if it is used
for good or evil

single or in love
I don't like to be told what to do
nor when to do it

tell me you love me on wednesday
the third one
in july

that is my valentines day

come get me out of a ditch
at 3AM next Friday morning
in nothing but a trench coat
and some lingerie

that is my valentines day.

tell me the hard truths
that people who just want to please me
don't have the balls to tell me

that is my valentines day

push me to be my best
challenge me
don't let me settle for OK

that is my valentines day

Tell me you forgive me
you trust me
and you believe in me

That is my valentines day

Make me apple pie
apple crisp
chocolate chip cookies

that is my valentines day

be yourself

that is my valentines day

Happy Valentines day World
see you tomorrow.

amative \AM-uh-tiv\, adjective:
Pertaining to or disposed to love, especially sexual love; full of love; amorous.

2 comments:

ami said...

Like it.
and I agree.
;-)

Anonymous said...

Amen!